Saturday, August 16, 2008

A Christian Chapel

If you know about "having a dream," you'll know why I'm writing this. I "have a dream" for a Christian chapel in Tri-Cities, Washington, where I live.

There is already at least one generic hospital chapel here.
There are also chapels connected with specific Christian churches, to be used according to the denomination's guidelines.

But I haven't found a Christian chapel like I'm hoping for.
The chapel I hope for would be expressly Christian, and not specific to one denomination. While seated in the chapel, a person would be able to see (at eye level) a series of art on the walls around the room. This art would show the Cross as it has been portrayed since the beginning of Christianity.
The color, lighting, and other aspects of the room would all be chosen to serve reverence, prayerfulness and worship.

This Christian chapel would be available for use by individuals or groups. A small group or individual could schedule one-time or recurring events in the chapel and invite the public. Use would be approved by a Christian "mission group" that cares for the chapel. Use of the chapel would not involve approval by a particular denomination. This kind of chapel would serve all Christians and also interested people who may not currently be Christians.

If you, or someone you know, shares a similar dream, please let me know. Or if you have suggestions for how to help this dream be realized, let me know. You can respond to this post, or you can send an email to charistis@owt.com

No comments: